Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Helvatia 1/2 Marathon

Our school sponsored a fitness program to help prepare for the 1/2 marathon. This is one of my first jogs after school to build up strength and endurance. I have never been a runner and never thought I could do it but I haven't had asthma since Alan and I went over to Malaysia, so I thought I'd give it a try.
This is the group of Liberty Fit that ran or walked the 1/2 on June 12th.
Waiting for the race to begin and trying to warm up at 7:00 in the morning.
This was just before mile 8 and I was starting to run out of gas.
This was at the end coming into the stadium. At about mile 11 I felt like throwing up so I had to pretty much walk the last 2 miles. I did it in 2h55m.

3 comments:

  1. Woot, woot! I'm so proud of ya mom. Seriously, I kept telling Chad all about how impressed I've been with you running and doing this. All my friends thought it was neat that you did it, too. That's awesome that you did it in under 3 hrs. Now you can chalk this up to something you've accomplished that not many other people have. You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job, Ma! You did such a great job and I'm proud of you! Now onto the marathon!... just kidding. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom, you are incredible. I just wish I could have seen it in-person. You put Whitney and Ash to shame. (I think you might have beat Whitney's time by a minute, not sure. ;) ) Love you much.

    ReplyDelete