
This is a postcard I got at the Vatican. It shows the Vatican, Spanish steps,
Trevi Fountain, and the Coliseum; all things that we saw in Rome.

We all got coins to throw into
Trevi fountain.

Waiting in line at the
Basilica. 
One of the domes inside the Basilica.

More grandeur.

Standing in front of some carved wood in St. Peter's Basilica.

In the square before we got into line to go inside.

The Swiss guard.

In Vatican City, built over the tomb of St Peter.

Tonya and I thought we'd slip in and confess. (Notice we had extra-ordinary sins and not minor ones!)


Michelangelo's Pieta: he was 24 years old when he finished it.

Roman Forum.

In front of the Coliseum.

Inside the Coliseum.

More ancient ruins.

Monument to Victor Emmanuel in Piazza Venezia.

Looking at Vatican City.


Tiber River bridge

Bridge by Castel St. Angelo.

Castel St Angelo; it started out as a tomb and became a fortress.
Piazza Navonna.
Rome must have been amazing. I love seeing all of your pictures!
ReplyDeleteRome was great, if we had another day and a map it would have been better. I loved Pompei and the volcano islands.
ReplyDelete